If you thought baby Cassie was cute, here is newborn Cassie! She went camping and was named after the Cascade mountains. Who wouldn't want this little furball to cuddle in their sleeping bag?
Bill has been out of town the past 2 days and it's raining pretty hard here so I got desperate and asked a friend to babysit while I hit the treadmill for a quick workout today. My friend is retired and has a little more time than my working mom friends but she has been totally amazing to us from the beginning. Our first week home from the hospital she made us a hearty chicken and noodle soup and then came by two days later with a beef stew. Delish! I ate that for days afterward.
One day I was out walking the baby and came home to find a bag of homemade cinnamon scones on my front porch. Today she dropped off fudge and homemade bread. A bit of food is sooooo appreciated by a new mom. The stories are true, it's 9:30 pm and I still have not brushed my teeth yet today. It really is that busy!
Other awesome things people have done:
1. Come by with a latte and stayed for a short visit. New moms are so tired, they can't socialize for hours on end or get out for coffee.
2. Call to check in but don't have expectations of a long conversation.
3. Give handme down clothes for baby or pass on used books or used toys.
4. Ask for photos. New moms love to share baby photos (have you noticed?)
5. If you are a parent, give advice without being overbearing. I appreciate advice since no one actually tells you how to do this parenting thing!
6. Understand that a new baby is like a bomb exploding in the house. It might be a while before your new mom friend can be a good friend back.
7. Offer to babysit for an hour or two.
So there you go! I'll be waiting for my latte and food when you come over to babysit for me. Love, Erika