Monday, November 02, 2009

What plans?

I had intended for my blog post for today to be about all the things we are doing that have worked great for us with this baby, however, the baby was gassy today so that plan was throw out the window.

You can hear the baby's tummy gurgling something fierce and he didn't want to breastfeed regularly today which is frustrating for everybody. I have had a headache just about every day since I've been home from the hospital, I think it's from lack of sleep, and a fuss-a-lumps baby makes the head pound harder. At least there are two of us to deal with him, I don't know how single moms do it. I have major respect for single moms and consider them tougher than any Ironman triathlete. For sure.

Please let me know if you have advice for dealing with a gassy baby. I'm not sure if it's something I ate or if he's just 3 weeks old and gassy now. Wish us luck getting through the night!

1 comment:

Fitness Integral said...

Hi Erika,
Have you tried wearing him in a wrap (not a pack. He needs to be in the fetal position with his knees higher than his hips)? It helps them digest. :)