Saturday, October 24, 2009

The La Leche League will not be happy


You can't tell from this pudgy looking tummy but I've lost 25 pounds since giving birth. That leaves me with another 20 more to lose before I get back to where I want to be for triathlon-ing. This last 20 might be a little more difficult. We had lovely fall weather today but the rain is coming to Oregon and I think it might hang around for a few months.

We are starting to get a handle on how to live with this baby. My milk supply for breast feeding is still low so we are feeding him a bottle 3 times a night (after breast feeding) and I'm breast feeding during the day. The bottle feedings are like drugging the kid, he gets all loopy and then passes out with milk drool all over his face. The best part is he sleeps for 3 hours or more at a time which is amazing considering breastfeeding gets us 2 hours at the most.


Bill trying to get 11 day old Liam to stand using his legs. I know, I know, Bill thinks Liam will graduate from college and dominate the Ultimate Fighter by the time he's 12. I just want him to smile at me because he recognizes me, not because he's making bad noises in his pants.


I took this photo with my cell phone of Liam snoozing this afternoon. He likes to sleep with his arms straight up in the air like he's under arrest. He shouldn't take those drugs daddy puts in his milk. Last night we drove to the next town over and went to Costco for our hot Friday night date. Liam slept through the whole thing so it was pretty uneventful except we bought Cinnabon rolls you heat in the oven which Bill made for me this morning. Yum! That's the way to do it. I might have a lot of trouble losing this weight.

1 comment:

cherelli said...

hey Tribabe, Congratulations on the birth of Liam, he's beautiful (sorry Liam, I mean "handsome"). Thanks for visiting my blog - I appreciate the "words of patience" you left :) It is so neat to read of other mothers stories of pregnancy and motherhood. Cheers