Thursday, October 22, 2009

Baby and the beasts



We were slightly concerned about how the animals would react to the baby. Marshall dog seemed to sense something was up with me during the pregnancy, he would occasionally nudge my belly while begging to be taken for a walk. I promised Marshall that his life would get better after the baby came because we would be sure to walk everyday and we have been and we'll walk a little farther each day.

Since we've been home Marshall has barely let the baby out of his sight and frequently smells the baby's head, then his diaper, and then my breast. He seems to be making the connection, of course, he is a genius dog. Marshall has been sleeping with me in the baby's room and he is totally exhausted from the late night activity. It's hilarious, he barely lifts his head when the baby screams.

The cats started out with a look on their kitty faces like, "that thing won't be here long so let's stay outside until he's gone." Once they realized the baby was staying, they went back to their regular routine and try to avoid the baby. I caught Cassie jumping into his crib in the middle of the night but I don't think she would have stayed. I'll try to get some photos of the beasts with the baby but woo! I'm still adjusting to life with a baby so you'll have to forgive me if my blogs are sparse or don't make sense for a while.

1 comment:

QRgirl (erin) said...

Cute! Liam looks so tiny in that big stroller;-)