Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Rodney Dangerfield of Pregnancy

I was walking down the hall next to the gym yesterday on my way to swimming when out of the blue a volleyball smacks me on my pregnant belly. OW! People, this is why I will never play sports that involve a ball. If I can get hurt, I will. Fortunately, I was not hurt at all, just stunned. I think the baby spiked the ball back at them.

Anyway, we had a very nice weekend. I picked up a video camera at Costco and quickly learned how to use it before we made a day trip to the Oregon coast. This is our first video, hopefully we'll find ourselves more entertaining than this!



Things are going well with the baby, he was head down at our last appointment on Monday, let's hope he stays there so we can hopefully avoid a c-section. Bill's work has been pressuring him to go out of town recently and I'm just slightly concerned that I'll end up delivering this baby with the help of the dog and cats. That would be so messed up. I can't imagine calling a friend in the middle of the night and asking for a ride to the hospital but that is a possibility apparently.

Can you imagine if no one took my calls and I had to take myself to the hospital? I swear I would put a tie on Marshall and say "He's my birth coach." The dog is pretty attentive. It could work.

2 comments:

wonderwoman said...

A dog might make a better birth coach than a guy...

Kristi said...

I ended up with an emergency c-section while my husband was on a plane from San Francisco to Chicago. Luckily, my mother-in-law happened to be at the same hospital for a Dr. appt. and she was able to be in the OR with me. Here's hoping your husband is there, but I have a feeling you'd do fine if you had to!