Monday, September 28, 2009

Big plans

Cassie trying to sleep last night but the paparazzi was bothering her.

I had big plans for the end of pregnancy! I was going to walk everyday, up to an hour a day and continue to swim until the end. It turns out that I can barely walk 2 blocks without pain, a pain I can't really describe to you except to imagine that you are carrying a baby who is using your pelvis as a hammock and you are trying to move with 30 pounds of belly you aren't necessarily used to. There are no hour long walks until this baby is out for several weeks.

I bought a citrus juicer to help with my citrus cravings

I still swim though, and it's still the best part of my day, except the walk to get into the pool when everyone stares at me. People look at me like, "Shouldn't you be in bed?" but little do they know that bed is the most uncomfortable place for me to be. Post baby, I do plan to exercise regularly to help lose this weight and get back to triathlons but I'm not pressuring myself to do this quickly. I'm giving myself the rest of the year to get myself back to exericise.

I haven't had a bunch of contractions since last Wednesday, except on Sunday when I had another set while I was at the movies. I was sweating bullets trying to get through that movie. Tonight, my face turned beet red for no apparent reason and I was awake this morning at 4am, for no apparent reason. Well, Bill says the reason is because I'm going to give birth soon. Can you believe it's almost time for this baby?

2 comments:

Fitness Integral said...

How exciting Erica! I can't wait to hear all about the birth. :) I wish for you a wonderful and joyous experience.

Robyn said...

Me too! Each experience is so different. I'm sorry to hear of the pain you have walking but totally understand the feeling good swimming, waking up for no reason in the middle of the night, and bed being uncomfortable. I was swimming when I noticed that my contractions where real :)