Friday, July 10, 2009

Which beast will open the fridgerfreighter first?

Going back to work after a long vacation SUCKS! I haven't slept well since we got home, the stress of getting back into life and then planning for a baby is tripping me out. I don't know how I'm going to keep doing what I do and have a child. The answer is obvious: I won't keep doing what I do. SO WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?

I turn 37 in September and in the next few years, before I turn 40, I need to:
  • have a baby and raise it
  • get back in shape and lose as much baby weight as possible
  • get pregnant and have another baby and then raise both kids
  • get in killer shape and lose the hormone boosted baby making body
  • continue to work, hopefully part time, at my desk job
  • continue tribabe.com
  • go back to school and finish my bachelors degree (I have just over 1 year left)
  • ummm save the planet? that's what this feels like right now
It really didn't help when I called the two childcare places I was interested in today and they both told me they have a waiting list over a year long. Apparently, you are supposed to secure childcare prior to conception. STUPID ME! Looks like we'll just leave the baby with the dog and cats and see who figures out how to open the fridge first. Good luck babies!

I watched one of my dear friends go through this when she was pregnant and I thought, "All of this worry and fretting will go away when she holds that baby in her arms." Now that the baby is here... you know, I don't know what she's thinking about, I've barely seen her. That's real good to think about. I'm going to go panic in the corner now.

2 comments:

Maggs said...

Just teach the dogs how to open the fridge and warm up some milk and you'll be set. I'm sure it will all work out.

NoPoGirl said...

Get on every daycare waitlist possible. SOMETHING will open up. That's what we did and 2 months before I went back to work, two daycares had space. Also, if you're motivated, the body will come back. Trust me. My husband says my abs are even better now than they were post-baby. It all came down to the motivation-I was at Pilates EVERY DAY during maternity leave. Does wonders for the abs. :)