Friday, June 26, 2009

We're bringing the damn duct tape!

We're trying to organize this slightly epic road trip we're leaving on today and I'm always amused by the different ways my husband and I approach things. As soon as we decided to go on this trip, I purchased travel books, made a spreadsheet detailing each leg of the trip, and printed out maps of the areas we are traveling. My husband contacted his relatives we are visiting and then watched from afar as I packed our food, stuffed my suitcase, and asked him to do a million things before we leave.

The look on his face throughout all this is a mix of bemusement at his alien wife and mild panic that he has to go out of town. He doesn't like to act until the last minute.

Last night I'm chatting with him about what national park we should see in Utah when out of the blue he firmly says, "I'm bringing the duct tape!" My brain shut down, I could not for the life of me, figure out what he was talking about, so I started laughing my butt off. I guess he's worried about the air mattress leaking under the weight of his massively pregnant wife when we are camping. I'm going to make sure he brings that damn duct tape and that he damn well uses it too!

We are so weird. I'm planning to take a million photos on the trip and will blog when we have internet access. Here is our tentative itinerary:
  • Sunriver, OR (Pacific Crest triathlon)
  • Boise, ID
  • Park City, UT (Bill's aunt and uncle)
  • Zion or other national park in UT
  • Grand Canyon
  • Phoenix for 4 days (Bill's parents)
  • San Bernandino or other (business travel)
  • Stockton, CA (business)
  • Redding, CA (business)
  • Rogue River area in southern Oregon
We are limited by my pregnant belly on hiking in the heat but I'll do my best to take photos. I will try to blog Monday if possible and next Wednesday when we get to PHX. Have a great weekend and 4th of July!

2 comments:

D said...

Have SO much fun out there!!

QRgirl (erin) said...

great post! Some people just take themselves too seriously.

Have a fun trip and enjoy life of just you and Bill before it changes forever!

Does Marshall get to go along?