Friday, June 19, 2009

Practically Hawaii

Some nice things happened this week:
  • We paid off our credit card debt
  • We confirmed a really long road trip and we're leaving next Friday
  • I slept better this week and my legs aren't twitching as much
  • Strawberries are coming in and we planted too many (awesome)

Today we drove over to the community pool at lunch time and swam outdoors in the sun. It was great, I almost got a tiny bit of sun! Then we went to a Hawaii themed potluck for my office and enjoyed some really good food. I won a door prize: a bra with hawaiian flowers on it. It was basically like I was living on a Hawaiian island today. OK maybe I was just really happy it was Friday.

Paying the credit card debt off was a big deal, that leaves us with one debt: our house. That's it! No school or car loans hanging over our heads. Just in time to have a very expensive baby. It was good to be debt free while it lasted a whole 2 minutes.

Our road trip is going to be epic: Bend, OR - Boise, ID - Park City, UT - Moab or similar - Grand Canyon - Phoenix, to various CA stops. Bill has to do some work in CA and we haven't put that part of the trip together yet. I think we'll be gone 10 days and we're taking the dog. The cats will stay with house sitters. I can't wait to get out of town and see some new areas! Almost as good as a trip to Hawaii but I'll save going there when I'm not a mini blimp and can't enjoy some mixed drinks.

2 comments:

Maggs said...

There is no such thing as too many strawberries. Reall.

Maijaleena said...

Strawberries!!!! Congrats on paying off your debt. Only a home loan is pretty good!

That sound like a great trip!