Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

Bill and Marshall sunning themselves after Bill's bike ride.

We had a nice little weekend at home which we needed, we're headed out of town for 10+ days and we had a lot of work to do pre-trip. We are trying to get our yard finished up so we can focus on making a space in the house for the baby, due in October. Creating space for another person to live with us is kind of scary, never mind the baby part.

We had a little baby practice on Saturday, we visited friends who have a 5 week old baby named Ella and we both got to hold Ella and experience that newborn loveliness that causes parents to swoon. I can't wait!

Bill got away from me for a while on Sunday morning and went out for a bike ride that takes you through some of the local Oregon wine country (Kings Valley). It's a fun ride with some fun descents and risers that I used to love to push. Rather than sitting around being jealous of him, I pursued my new hobby: shopping at Target. It keeps me distracted from having paranoid thoughts about Bill getting hit by a car and I got new underwear out of the deal. Sweet!

In case you think I'm losing my triathlon edge... oh no. I negotiated with Bill that post-baby he will support me in having training time and that I get to pick a nice race to do. He seems to think this involves the local sprint triathlon circuit. I'm thinking a half Ironman or olympic distance somewhere fun and challenging. We'll see what happens, the baby might not be a fan of triathlon.

2 comments:

The Original SunnyD said...

Let's go do Alcatraz next year!

Maijaleena said...

Cute doggie sunning pic!

Shopping for baby stuff at Target. Sadly, that sounds like fun to me.