Thursday, May 28, 2009

Winner of the crazy lady lottery!

Well it's really and truly started. We were at our local triathlon on Monday and I felt like I won the lottery. CONGRATULATIONS! I was hugged and dotted over, questioned and prodded. It was like entering an alternate universe when everyone asks you the same questions...

"When are you due?"
"Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?"
"Have you picked out a name yet?"
and the brave ones, "How far along are you?"

OK, not bad questions, it's just the repetition that gets annoying. I was pretty happy with all the attention I was getting until I came back to work and heard this for the first time...

"Wow! You are getting so BIG!"

I can't believe the "big" comments are starting already. The party was fun while it lasted I guess. Now I can look forward to...

"Are you stealing a watermelon?"
"Hiding a basketball?"

This could get ugly. Who am I kidding, it's on. It's ugly. I tried to ride my bike in the park last night to exercise the dog and the muscle memory in my legs starting moaning, "Oh yes... push, pull, push, pull, this feels nice..." and then the baby in my stomach said, "Hey! Quit squishing me! Squish, squash, squish, squash! Just for that we're going to pee even more often! And get nauseated so you can't eat dessert!"

I won the lottery alright, the crazy lady lottery.

1 comment:

D said...

My favorite comment to the owner of a growing bump is, "WOW! You look HUUUUUUUGE!". teeeheee