Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Save the last pill for somebody else

My wonderful OB-GYN (I do mean that by the way) has had me on a progesterone supplement for the past 2 months and sweet relief, I see her today so this should be the end of the medication. I tested low for progesterone once and boy do I regret that day. Progesterone is the lovely hormone you get after you ovulate and before your next cycle begins. I associate it with the famed three letter word PMS.

I feel like I have had a case of PMS for the past 2 months so last night I looked at the last pill in the bottle and set it back down. I'm done with progesterone. NOW! My wonderful husband (I do mean that by the way) tried to congratulate me this morning that today was the last day for progesterone. I told him no, yesterday was the last day. There's one pill left in the bottle and it's staying there. He got all flustered and said, "You have to take that last pill."

Me: "Ummm, no, I don't. I'm done."
He: "I'm going to tell your Dr."
Me: "I don't care. I'm not taking it."
He: "Take it!"
Me: "You can't make me..."

Oh the assinine conversations married people have. It didn't escalate, but trust me, I was ready to escalate it. If the Dr. says I have to take the last pill, I will throw the bottle out of a moving car and put the pedal to the metal and never look back. I'm done.

Truth time: I quit it for two days a few weeks ago and I swear the cloud that had been following me around dissapated and I felt like skipping around and singing with the birds. Look out birds! Here I come!

No comments: