Monday, April 13, 2009

An exciting career in television

I woke up confused and exhausted this morning. I had been dreaming that I was a curvaceous blond with an amazing body and a equally gorgeous man was trying to convince me to do something exciting with a career in television. (ha ha!) Instead, I drug my tired, sorry carcass out of bed and auto-piloted through the motions of getting ready for the same job I've had for the past 7 years. A job that is so opposite of glamorous, I could literally wear a t-shirt, jeans, and Birkenstocks everyday for work and I would fit in just fine.

Yesterday I completed the glamorous task called "slaying the beast of clothes in the closet" and 4 boxes of clothes later, I had space for spring and summer clothes. I had to wash all of those clothes and it took at least 3 hours to get everything put away. My back was killing me from folding and bending so I sat down and called my mom for recipes for Easter dinner.

Mom had been cooking since 7 am and I hadn't even started and it was 1pm. Oh boy. Have you ever made potato salad? That is one of the most complex dishes I have ever made. I got half way through boiling potatoes and eggs and chopping them when my back gave out. I had to lay down on the couch while my mid back hooted and hollered at me. Fortunately, the cat came to lay on me so we could both take a rainy Sunday afternoon nap. Sweet relief. Bill had to take over the potato salad but he woke me up in time to finish the rest of the dinner which turned out fine and was only slightly late.

I must have needed to dream some glamor into my life since it is obviously lacking! To be honest, I saw a young college girl teeter tottering around in high heels this morning and I thought she can have the glamor. I'll take more sleep and goofy dreams.

3 comments:

Amanda Whitmire said...

Girl, what are you putting in your potato salad to make it so complicated? I think my "classic" recipe has something like 6 ingredients, and it is SO tasty. In fact, I think I might go boil a few eggs right now. Thanks for the inspiration!

tribabe said...

Amanda, anything that involves boiling, peeling, and chopping is complicated!

Maijaleena said...

Boiling, peeling OR chopping is complicated!