Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It Sucked and then I Cried


I got a new book yesterday and read half of it already, "It Sucked and then I Cried--How I Had a Baby, a Breakdown, and a Much Needed Margarita" by Heather Armstrong, a prolific blogger of http://www.dooce.com/. Her writing style appeals to me and I can relate to her life experiences, she would be the writer and blogger I would aspire to be if I aspired to be those things. I recommend the book and her blog for genuine entertainment.

New Topic: Occasionally I check in on the statistics for my web site and noticed someone from Bucharest, Romania had looked at my blog. I wondered how that person found me so I drilled down and saw that they were searching for "Free Tribabe Movies" and "Hot Tribabe". They must have been deeply disappointed with the Oregon Coast photo spread. I can't make friends with everybody!

New Topic: I wanted to give the university perspective on federal stimulus package(s): it's a big deal to research institutions. Our faculty are going crazy trying to secure some of this federal money that is being added to the budgets at NIH and NSF. I spoke with a friend this weekend who does water planning permits and they are getting swamped with permit requests for "shovel ready" federal stimulus projects. I am not commenting either way on whether or not this is a good long term solution, I'm just sharing what I am starting to see around me.

Last Topic: I've had a low grade headache (from allergies I think) and have only been sporadically sleeping, waking up at 3:30 am or not being able to sleep until after midnight. This makes me grouchy and for this, I must apologize because I know people would rather see free tribabe videos than grouchy, aging, and complaining tribabe. Sorry!

No comments: