Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Angry swimmer lady


On Monday, I skipped swimming class and went to the pool by myself with a plan to do 3 x 500. A big plan for me, I've never done that swim before. I left for lunch early and went to the pool at 11:20 am, thinking I would beat the rush of noon time swimmers. WRONG! The pool was packed. I scrounged a lane with another woman and started my warm up.

Luckily, she leaves as I finish the warm-up so goal #1 was to be achieved, swim by myself. WRONG! Just then, a dude asks if he can join me. I stammer and try to delay while I think of something to dissuade him... look, I know it's a public pool but there were 7 other lanes, all with one person in them, only that one person is male, so of course! Let's get in the female swimmer's lane because she looks friendly. grrrrr.

He hops in after grumbling at me. I guess I didn't dissuade him for joining me. Long story short on the 500s: I went out too hard, misread the clock and came in only 3 seconds faster than the last time I did a 500. I was hoping to come in 10 seconds faster so the swim was a disappointment overall and I was still pissed off about swimming.

Nice flipping work!



It will be interesting to see how I get my groove back. I may have to resort to extreme measures. A new swimsuit may be in order. (Need I say, "Don't tell my husband")

2 comments:

Maijaleena said...

New swimsuits always help! I always try to avoid having the creepy guys swim with me by ignoring them. Somehow, they don't pick up on the hint...

MJ said...

The new swimsuit may not help the "guy in the lane" problem though....

I like the completely unreferenced cat pics throughout...

Cheers,