Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Never ask a triathlete how they are doing

Hi! I've been so busy at work lately that I have been using my evening hours to decompress and if you haven't noticed, decompression does not include being on a computer or writing my blog. I don't know when things will settle down, but you can be assured that I will do whatever it takes to chill the heck out after a hard day at work.

Here are some training totals from last week:

H:MM
Swim 2:35 (7300 yards)
Bike :30 (8 miles)
Run 1:43 (8.7 miles)
Walk 2:15 (8.5 miles)
Other 0:20
Total: 7:33 (29.4 miles)

Exciting stuff here but hey, I have been swimming consistently and this is a BIG deal for me personally to see swim improvement. I always sabotage myself with injury so I'm really hoping that doesn't happen in the next few months. I know you are thrilled for me and this earth shattering news.

I have an experiment for you, ask a triathlete how they are doing. I guarantee they won't just say, "I'm fine, how are you?" You will hear, "Oh well, I stained my calf two weeks ago and I have only been able to run 3 miles this week so I'm biking way more..." at this point you should walk away before you become bored to death. You should probably stop reading this blog right now, your life is in danger!

No comments: