Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Everybody but me








I've been feeling good about the small swim progress I've been making and today I set the intention that I would have my best swim of the week! I was kicking butt during the warm up, pushing off the wall extra hard, cruising and bruising and then coach called 800 IM. My first thought was, "Is that legal?" I mean, it seems like it should be illegal. It's ridiculous!

I ended up swimming mostly freestyle during the set and barely survived doing that. I found out that I am tired from the increased training. Next was 8 x 100 with fins and paddles. I used to hate 500s, now I hate 800s. After class, I asked the other women in the locker room if the workout was hard and everyone said, "It was great! I loved that set!" So I went to Bill and asked if he suffered (my sympathetic husband who loves me dearly) and he said, "I had the best workout! I was lapping people in my lane. Felt great!"

Let's forget about that workout for now. I bought the compression sleeves last night, for myself only, and got an email that they are on backorder. :( I'll report back on them after they arrive. I want to talk about other stuff but I'm tired. Tomorrow!

3 comments:

Maijaleena said...

800IM sounds like cruel and unusual punishment to me...

D said...

I got a good laugh when I saw that I had IM coming up this week in my schedule. I'm like a retarded chimp with backstroke... there's no way this runner will be doing IM.

cheryl said...

800 IM! that's just plain silly (unless maybe you are Michale Phelps, Katie Hoff or Ryan Lochte!)