Friday, December 26, 2008

My husband may never speak to me again

Happy holidays! This was the first year we have been able to spend some money for the holidays so my hubby isn't in the dog house. Bill bought me a Garmin Forerunner 305 so I can track my every move (SWEET!!!) and put all the data on spreadsheets. I had to go run in the rain today to test it out and it's everything I dreamed it would be. It tells you your heart rate, speed, distance and time. When I got home I was able to connect the watch to my computer and it showed the route I ran, average pace and speed, how many calories burned, and displayed it all on a cool map and chart. Very very excellent. Although it did confirm that I am in fact running quite slow right now.

Bill made another brilliant move and took Sunny to the shoe store so she could show him some boots I tried on last week. I am now the very proud owner of a pair of black leather high heeled boots (Dansko's for the shoe people out there) and I now have to plan my entire wardrobe around my new boots. Perhaps my entire life will have to be reconsidered. Could be interesting!

Bill received an iPod touch from Santa and he may never speak to me again. He spent most of the day with ear phones on listening to Pandora (internet radio) while cleaning the garage. If he stays out there for the rest of the winter I may start taking it personally.
We made breakfast with Heather, Jim, and Sunny on Christmas morning and then played cards and took a dog walk. In the evening we had dinner with our granola friends so we spent most of the day socializing and eating. I didn't enjoy putting on jeans today!!!

Public service message: do not go see the movie "Marley and Me" unless you are in the mood to cry. Seriously. I have never heard so many sniffles in a movie theater in my entire life. So depressing, not a good holiday movie.

Hope all is well with you and your family this holiday season.

3 comments:

Pedergraham said...

Thank you for the notice on Marley and Me. I will skip it in the theater and then put it on my list to rent, along with a nice romantice comedy as a "chaser".

Maijaleena said...

Cute doggie photo!

I read Marley and Me and finished it on a plane. I was sobbing and I'm sure everyone around me thought I was nuts. I still want to see it. I'll just pack the tissues.

Maggs said...

I had my suspicions about Marley and Me, it looks cute, but I've read the book and figured it would be super sad. I'll wait for the DVD.

Happy New Year.