Monday, December 29, 2008

Get your nose running

I think I'm getting sick but the stupid cold or whatever it is seems to be taking it's sweet time getting here. On Friday I went for a run in the rain/wind/cold and really struggled to finish it. Only the new Garmin 305 on my wrist got me through 3.5 miles of running (I am a slave to data).

Then on Saturday I swam and went home with a headache and all over body pain. Sunday, I didn't get out of bed until noon, then I cooked a turkey dinner and went for a walk so I did regain some energy but my legs were still heavy. Monday I woke up with a dry throat and could barely get out of bed for work. I wish my body would make up it's mind: sick or not sick!?!

I'm going to do a short swim today and see if that gets this illness moving. I read that chicken soup is good for colds because it makes your nose run. Well swimming makes my nose run more than any any other activity so it's worth a try.

I missed my long run and a ride on the trainer this weekend so here are my abbreviate totals for last week's workouts:

H:MM
Swim 2:25 (6500 yards)
Bike 0:30 (8 miles)
Run 1:04 (6.5 miles)
Walk 2:15 (9.6 miles)
Total: 6:19 (27.8 miles)

Wish me luck on getting sick or not!

2 comments:

D said...

I'm in the same boat with the sick/not sick. Just decide already, body!

Craftycrab said...

I vote for NOT SICK! Tell that winter cold to F-off!

*wink*