Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I had a Pedro moment today

Slightly brutal main swim set today:
100 Free
100 IM
repeat constantly for 24 minutes, choose your interval 1:30, 1:45, or 2:00 minutes.

I could have done 1:45 but I would have come close to death so I chose 2:00 minutes and came in on the free sets on 1:30 and the IM sets on 1:45. I wanted the IM sets to be faster but they were not, so something to work on.

After the set, my face was bright red and I had to hurry back to work which meant getting under the hair dryer even though I was still sweating from the swim. By the time I got back to my office my hair felt like a fleece blanket wrapped around my head, I was so hot I wanted to shave it all off.

Perhaps I could borrow Pedro's wig and run for President. Right now, I feel like I could eat all of the sugar in a 6 block radius and still be tired. Luckily, Bill was there and chose the 1:30 interval, and his face was a little red too. Excellent.

We're planning a road trip to Phoenix to spend Thanksgiving with Bill's family and we're leaving this Friday. We're taking the dog and planning to stop off for hiking along the way. It's going to be a long trip but we seem to do ok with driving trips. I like the freedom of the road and I genuinely dislike getting stuck next to smelly people on airplanes. Seriously, one bad experience and you never want to fly again. One time I sat next to a guy who spent the first half of the flight ripping a magazine apart. He would look at a page, rip it and stuff it in the seat pocket in front of him and then go to the next page and repeat. PSYCHO!!!!

Then there was the time I sat next to Beavis and Butthead for an entire international flight back from Paris. That's a long freaking flight to listen to:

"Dude, that song is killer."
hu hu. hu hu hu hu. (this is a stupid sounding laugh)
"No way man, that song sucks"

Raging argument ensues and stops when they start arguing about video games, movies, etc. For hours. I would swim 100 IMs on 1:45 for 2 hours straight rather than sit next to 2 idiots for 10 minutes.

As soon as Bill and I figure out our route, I'll put it on my blog. He wants to go through Utah and stop off at the Grand Canyon. I'm thinking California with a stop at Mohave or through Mammoth Lakes. It doesn't help that we start these conversations at 10 pm and I'm half asleep.

2 comments:

Maggs said...

I got the Tribabe stuff today. Thanks so much! I love the shirts. And the hoodie is motivating me to go back to the pool now...that I have something warm to wear home!

Have a good trip. I'm dreading my flight back to the mainland next week. But I don't know if I'd rather do IM repeats over it.

Ariel said...

Mammoth is one of my favorite places in the world. I love the entire drive down 395. It is desolate and beautiful.