Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Happy election day

The elections are over, thank goodness. Barack Obama is our next president and history has been made. I loved both speeches tonight, McCain showed major class in his concession speech and Obama was reserved but focused. I think people from both parties can appreciate the qualities these candidates displayed that put them in this position. I hope some of the nasty and divisive rhetoric can diminish now. Truly horrible things were said by both parties and I think that is a drag our on society.

Voting in Oregon is very stress free, we mail in ballots, so I didn't feel a bunch of excitement or commradarie that you feel when you vote at the polls, but I do love the mail in ballot.

I will be away for two days at a conference in Portland so I will not blog until Friday.

No comments: