Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The falling leaves drift by the window


"The falling leaves drift by the window
The autumn leaves of red and gold
I see your lips, the summer kisses
The sun-burned hands I used to hold

Since you went away the days grow long
And soon Ill hear old winters song
But I miss you most of all my darling
When autumn leaves start to fall"


Are you in the mood for Nat King Cole? It's beautiful fall weather here and it makes me feel in love! Forget spring! There are more colors now then the summertime.

I took an easy day today, I went for a walk on my lunch break, stopped at the shoe store downtown, bought some gourmet chocolate for tonight's dessert, and took photos of leaves and fall trees.



If you have never heard "Autumn Leaves" please take a moment and listen to Ms. Eva Cassidy's version, you will become a life long fan, I guarantee it...

2 comments:

Maggs said...

Great song! Fall leaves are the only thing I miss in Hawaii. Thanks for sharing yours with me!

Pedergraham said...

Eva is one of my favorites. Have you heard her verions of Fields of Gold? I read that Sting said it was incredibly well done.
-Danielle