Thursday, September 11, 2008

You have no cake

Last year I helped start a new women's triathlon racing team based on the women I met at training camp at Xantusia (Dan and Monty's so cal place). Luckily we have a graphic designer (Michelle) on our team who was able to help us design our brightly colored uniforms. BTW, I am brave for posting these photos because I am not toned right now but I wanted blog readers to see what we've done so far with the team. A team blog is coming up next!

I can't wait to race in it but I will have to wait. I haven't been training so I'm not going to race this weekend, instead we're going on a camping/mtn bike adventure at Waldo Lake. I knew I could do the race and finish without a problem, but I had to recognize in myself that I would not be happy with doing a race I hadn't prepared for, I just get so much more enjoyment out of the process of training, racing is icing on the cake, and as some wise person on Slowtwitch once said, "You have no cake." They didn't say it to me, but it's true for me today.

It is hard for me to go around with 10-15 "extra" pounds but my goal this year is to get pregnant and so far, we have cake but no icing if you know what I mean. :) I haven't run in several weeks because he extra pounds are bringing up little injuries and it's just not worth it at this point. I'm swimming and riding my bike(s) and that has been enjoyable. ANYWAY, sorry I haven't been blogging, I've been so busy and I got sick from fertility drugs again this week so there was nothing good to report until today!

4 comments:

D said...

I've got 10-15 extra pounds without a goal to get pregnant, so I've got cake hahahaha :)
You look great! Oh, so does the uni :)

Maggs said...

I hadn't seen the uni before. I like the shorts!

rr said...

Love the gear and you look awesome.. don't think twice about your little bit extra, it'll pay off big time in the long run!

Tasha the Triathlon Goddess said...

Cake, schmake - you look awesome in the new uniform, and that's ALL that counts! Nice job! :-)