Monday, September 29, 2008

Rewind

Photo from ladies night out this Sunday evening. A lovely evening, I feel so fortunate to have nice girlfriends. We had cocktails, dinner, and gelato. My favorite moment of the evening was Heather's order, "Two mojitos and a shot of espresso." I said, "Dang girl! You are ready to PARTY!" Turns out she was ordering a drink for herself and for Sunny (who also wanted the espresso shot).

On Saturday evening, Bill and I attended the area tri geek party for Kona qualifiers. We have two athletes representing Corvallis this year, the third dropped out due to a chronic neck problem.

Friday I went out shopping with my mom for her birthday and got her a cute pair of shoes. My parents had to leave after dinner Friday evening so it was a short visit and we were sad to see them go.

Thursday I met my parents in Eugene, OR and we drove about 45 minutes to the Cougar Reservoir and hiked around a bit. I tried to take them to Terwilliger hot springs but there were a bunch of naked hippies there, it was highly disappointing. And gross. I think the highlight of their trip was watching Oregon State whoop up on USC football. We had the big screen tv going and my parents were Beaver fans from the beginning of the game. I might have to get them some Beaver Believer t-shirts.

Things will be getting back to normal now that winter is coming. I have two events left this season: an all women's tri in Napa, CA and the Beaver Fever duathlon here in Corvallis next month. The weather here is still fantastic, in the 80s, but I think the rain is coming soon. That should slow me down!

No comments: