Sunday, September 07, 2008

Ladies Sunday Brunch Ride

Sunday was a perfect day for a bike ride, it was sunny and 70 in the morning and I had reservations at Gathering Together Farms for Sunday brunch with my girl friends. Sunny rode over to pick me up and I was happy to see she had her sun dress on. Her dress was perfect, it was short and had slits on the side. Mine was a bit longer and definitely not a tech fabric but it matched my bike and that's what is important!

We met Heather on the other side of town and she could only find a skirt in her closet so we will have to get her a sun dress before our next Sunday brunch ride. We had 1.5 hours to ride before brunch so we rode up Decker Hill and back which put us at the restaurant at exactly 10:30 am. The brunch was divine, all you can eat pastries, excellent coffee and fresh orange juice, and for me, smoked salmon eggs benedict. YUMMY! We could barely walk out of there so we stopped and picked some flowers for Sunny before we hit the road home.

The food was so good, I will be looking forward to it all winter long. These final days of summer are always so bittersweet. I was tired from the ride and took a nice nap in the afternoon. Totally excellent after a really busy Saturday (I'll write about that tomorrow)

Yeah for girlfriends and yeah for brunch!

1 comment:

Maggs said...

That looks like so much fun! The brunch sounds tasty!