Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

Today is my 36th birthday and I do feel like I've crested the hill in the over the hill category. My big plans for tonight: hang out with Bill while he cooks dinner and then watch a movie or read my book. Relax. That's my plan. I don't even want to go out for dinner. I took a rain check on a seafood dinner, we'll go when I'm feeling spunky.

My big accomplishment for the day was a swim workout, 36 x 50 on 1:00 minute. I had three guys (Bill included) from swim class join me and I asked everyone to come up with a set of eight 50s. They were being too nice so I called 8 x 50 IM order kick down swim back on 1:00. They groaned about that one which made it better. I thought it was awesome and I couldn't even make the interval.

Above is the status of Bill's flooring project as of this morning. It's taking a while, he had to consult all of his buddies and we've been out of town. We're going to have to buy some rugs because I'm already overwhelmed by the "wood" look. My home decorating style is a lot of bright colors and I didn't think about how the flooring would impact the feel of the room. I think living in Oregon and loving nature has made me not want the inside of my home to feel like an extension of nature--I like modern and rich colors so I'm going to have to do some rug shopping. Funky, bright, crazy rugs. Bill will hate it.

Check out the gorgeous heirloom tomatoes our friend gave us. Apparently they were overwhelmed with their bounty of tomatoes and wanted to get rid of some. I cut up a bunch and poured balsamic vinegar on them with salt and pepper and took to a dinner party last night. DELISH!!!! The tomato season seemed late this year but we're still getting some in our yard too. Bill and I LOVE fresh tomatoes, almost to the point of it not being right. Seriously though, you can't beat a fresh tomato straight off the vine.

3 comments:

Maggs said...

Yeah! Happy 36th. It's a good age.

D said...

Alright. This is Happy Birthday #2. #3... ST. :)
And, by the way, you don't look a day past 25!

rr said...

Happy birthday!!!!!

OMG, I'm so jealous of those tomatoes! They're something ridiculous like $7/lb here and I cannot buy them, I just can't. Yum.

It's mine Friday.. I don't have to do 32 50s, do I? I guess that's better than 32 100s..