Monday, August 11, 2008

There's only so much a Tapout tank top can do

I took a mental health day on Saturday while Bill was out busting himself riding up Mary's Peak again. The dog and I eased out of bed, got a latte (where they give out puppy biscuits) and we played fetch around the neighborhood while the cat watched. It's important for me to at least try to balance relaxed times with frantic times. I spent the rest of the day working on tribabe.com, spending some time in the yard, and watching the Olympics while designing some new tees on my laptop. I don't think we left the house for the rest of the day and that's what I call a success!

Sunday, I was not so lucky, the husband was home and on a tear to go to Home Depot. After he drug me around town all morning I took and nap and then got ready for another bike ride to the embroiders again. Fortunately, there was no wind so way less complaining from me! After riding I went for a short run and that didn't go as well. I put on my "Tapout" tank top so I would feel tough but it didn't work, it was hot and I was slow. I'd never make it as an MMA fighter. Hopefully, I'll do better as a triathlete.

I also started packing my bags this weekend because on Friday we're going away to Phoenix for Bill's parents 50th wedding anniversary and we're staying at the Four Seasons Resort in Scottsdale. Yes!!! We'll get to see family and stay at a fancy place, I don't know what to do with myself I'm so excited! We're taking a laptop so we'll see about logging on and posting photos from the resort. I'm ready to go now.

p.s. we got little sleep last night since we stayed up to watch the mens 4 x 100 relay at the olympics. It was worth it although I couldn't sleep after watching it!

1 comment:

Maggs said...

Haha! I was so tired from the race yesterday and yet I stayed up way to late (being in Ohio) to watch the relay, then I had to stay up to watch the interviews, and then I couldn't sleep either! What an amazing race! Have fun in Pheonix!