Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Don't Help Me!

Photo taken today at project management graduation, put here for my mom: love you mom! I dressed up in blue (your favorite color) for you.

On Monday I called my mom in the middle of her work day and asked if she could print 550 flyers and take them to a race director for me since I didn't get it done in time for a race in Spokane. What did my mom say? "Yes! I'm just pleased I get to do something for you." My mom is the nicest, most accomodating, and hardest working person I know. I'm 35 years old and still need my mom and my mom still needs me to need her. I feel lucky to have that relationship with my mom.

It happens to me on occasion that I'm in a store and I overhear a mother and daughter shopping together or some similar scenario and I miss my mom terribly, living in a different city than your parents is tough. Makes me sad. I moved back in with my parents for several months at age 28 and enjoyed it thoroughly, I will always cherish that part of my life, counting on my parents when I needed them. I better go call my mom now since I don't do it enough.

1 comment:

D said...

I have a strained relationship with my mom (we're VERY different), but similar to you in that she loves me to need her. And I'm happy to have her help when I really need.

CONGRATS on your grad!!!