Friday, July 25, 2008

No one wins here

Hey I finally feel good again today! Swim class probably took it out of me though, we did all 100s for the main set. Please allow me to blow my brains out now. Actually, it wasn't that bad but it was challenging. My lane did 6 x 100 descending (swim faster as you go 2 on 2:00, 2 on 1:50, 2 on 1:40) repeated four times. The fast lane repeated 5 times and got down to 1:15 for their interval. Brutal. But! I swam 2400 yards of free style in a row so I may end up learning this stroke some day. My lane mates still don't get me, they wanted me to lead one of the sets and I had to decline because I still don't have the confidence with freestyle. I will lead a fly or back set though, gladly, because everyone else is so slow. Bad for me really, I should get it together.

I had a glorious conversation with my husband last night, it went down in the bathroom while we are brushing our teeth before bed:

Bill: We should look at that camping stuff you emailed me about earlier this week. I'll go get my laptop and we can look at it before bed.

Erika: (staring off into space)

Bill: You meant to say something back to me, like a response so I know you are listening.

Erika: mmmouns mmrea mmmonneee (sounding like Beaker from the Muppets since I'm brushing my teeth)

Bill: That means I love you, doesn't it! Thanks sweetie.



Well jeez, the last time we went camping we were literally on the road driving before he wanted to look at my carefully researched camping plans. I am used to being ignored until the last possible second so I don't know how to respond when he wants to "plan" something. That has never happened before!

I would bet you, right now, $10 that we won't know where we are going until we get on the road tomorrow. I bet there will be no takers.

No comments: