Thursday, July 24, 2008

Momentum

I have been getting home from work and falling asleep on the couch in a fetal position, sometimes upright fetal position, so something ain't right around here. Could be anemia with a side of allergies. We live in the grass seed capital of the world and right now they are plowing the fields around this area and the dust in the air is horrible.

Here are some causes of tiredness, in case you were wondering:

* An allergy that leads to hay fever or asthma
* Anemia (including iron deficiency anemia)
* Depression or grief
* Persistent pain
* Sleep disorders such as ongoing insomnia, obstructive sleep apnea, or narcolepsy
* Underactive thyroid or overactive thyroid
* Use of alcohol or illegal drugs like cocaine, especially with regular use

Anyhooo I'm not entirely functional but I'm getting through the week and we're talking about an overnight camping trip, hopefully at a remote lake where we can swim this weekend, so I'm feeling upbeat about that.

I am thinking about doing 36 days in a row of swimming leading up to my 36th birthday (Sept 30) but I found out today that the pool is closed for three weeks starting in mid-august so I would have to pay for 9 of the days and go a few more miles out of the way... grrr. I can't get any momentum going right now!

1 comment:

D said...

Seriously, what is the deal with pools closing for weeks? My pool is closed for almost a month in September. So annoying.