Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Kind of Whack


I don't know what to do with myself. The past few swim sessions were mostly free style and I was barely hanging on the feet of the people in the slow lane. Today we have several IM sets, including 3 x 200 IM and I easily lead the lane, getting as far as an entire length ahead of my lane at one point. How can a triathlete be able to swim IM but not freestyle!!!!! I think somewhere in the dark recesses of my mind I believe I will be a decent swimmer some day and that sweet but naive hope keeps me doing flip turns. One of these days... POW! I'll master freestyle.

We had the iron triathlon crew over last night for dinner and watching Le Tour. My favorite part of the evening was when I was out BBQing chicken by myself on the back deck, not because I didn't enjoy the company, but because I realized Bill was in the kitchen cutting tomatoes for salad and I was out at the grill. We are pretty interchangeable with handling responsibilities and it amuses me. He even cleaned the entire house before everyone came so when I got home from work I didn't have to scramble. The advantages of a work from home hubby--I appreciate it!

Tomorrow I start a t-shirt design class, we will learn how to silk screen and design t-shirts. I can't wait to start designing. Hopefully something strange and fun will come of it.

No comments: