Saturday, July 05, 2008

Happy 4th of July


I soooo enjoyed having Friday off, I barely did anything at all! Bill left early in the morning to go to an open water swim and then run around the lake with the OSU triathlon club so I took the opportunity to sleep in. I didn't go because I won't swim in a lake at 8 am unless there is a dang good reason to do it and since there are no triathlons on my racing calendar right now, I stayed home and I enjoyed it!

We did manage to do some yard work in the afternoon and then biked downtown at dusk for fireworks. There was a blues band playing near the river so we listened for a while, got an ear of corn, and watched the hippies do the "granola shuffle" to the music. The fireworks didn't start until after 10pm and they were not exactly a grand spectacle but it was fun to be out and about and see live music.

Saturday was much more productive... for me! Bill and I left the house together at 8:30 am for a bike ride. I only rode about 18 miles, he met up with his buddies for a 36 tt. I worked on tribabe stuff while watching Le Tour and Bill spent some time with the dog... see photo above. I woke him up with some "encouraging" words about all the things that need to be done around the house and it's going on 8pm now and he's been working all evening.

Tomorrow we complete putting the cover on the back deck. We will be out of town next weekend, we have two triathlons: Hagg Lake on Saturday and Valley Girl Tri on Sunday so I really wanted to be home this weekend. Hope you are having a great holiday weekend!

No comments: