Thursday, July 03, 2008

Burn Baby Burn


I ran on the treadmill today long enough to get that nice runner's high I'm addicted to. Ahhhhh. I had to stay off the roads because I knew I would run too far or go too hard and I can regulate myself on a treadmill. Just trying to make sure I don't cause another shin splint flare up but I was ready to Burn Baby Burn. Earlier this week we had a nice set in swimming, 6 x 250 on 4:30 in my slow lane. The faster lanes were doing 6 x 300 on 4:30 (I think). That was a nice slow burn, I had that great heavy feeling after that workout and I really enjoy that feeling too which is why I keep going back to the pool despite the fact that I am still challenged in the water (putting it nicely).

I'm going to Starbucks this weekend for lattes to show my support to the employees there, in the news this week they announced several store closures. I have to do my part to counteract our hippie friends who have a "Friends Don't Let Friends Drink Starbucks" bumper sticker. Tee he! I actually have a long, drawn out reason as to why I go to Starbucks but to sum it up: they train their staff, their staff is pleasant and good at their jobs, the staff has health care, and the coffee is enjoyable enough.

I did go to the local hippie organic coffee shop today, we had a power outage at work for an hour so I took my project management book and ordered a vanilla latte and it was delish! I love their coffee! But! I don't know their hours, sometimes the staff can be rude, there is no where to park there, and it can take a while to get a drink made, especially if they are busy. The two guys behind the counter were having a discussion about some band and whether or not the drummer killed himself or if he had a nervous breakdown. Punk music was blaring so I had to go sit outside where some slackers were smoking cigs. I guess that's why I usually go to Starbucks. Less hassle. But not organic.

No comments: