Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Shut up stupid mind

I was tired when I got home from work last night and I had a list of things to do but all I wanted to do was sit on the couch and play the latest "The Bachelorette" episode I had on DVR (who will DeAnna choose???). I was compiling a list of excuses for not going for a run and was coming up with quite a case for myself, meanwhile I put on a running outfit and running shoes and sat down for a minute. Just putting the clothing on and getting used to how it feels so I'll feel stupid if I don't go run. Sometimes, the only way is to trick yourself into doing something.

I do the same thing with swimming, my mind can be yelling, "You're too tired to swim! Don't you feel your stomach grumbling? You need food, you can't swim. Besides, your hair looks good, you'll mess it up if you go swim!" My mind is SO TRICKY but I have to outsmart it so I walk like a zombie to the pool, put on my suit, jump in and start swimming. If I still hate it then I cut it short and get on with the day but I can't know if it's a good day to swim if I don't go try it.

This is why I'm so tired all the time, I'm wrestling with my mind to get stuff done. Stupid willful mind!

Hey, I think the shin splints are gone. I didn't run for several weeks and they appear to be all gone so I'm just taking it slow and stretching a lot of hopefully they will not return.

Last night while I was running I saw a little girl (about 8 years old) hauling butt toward me on her little bike. She looked up at the last second and said, "Oh sorry" but I was smiling at her and thinking how cool she was. Ride that bike girlfriend, it feels good to go fast!

Thanks to kind friends who bought sun visors from me yesterday you sweethearts!

No comments: