Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sex and the City movie premier


Yeah!!!!!!! The movie was really good, I can't wait for it to come out on DVD now. We had to sit in the front row because we got there a little late and the theater was PACKED full of women and a few stray men. Our evening was really fun, we had reservations at a restaurant in a nice hotel in downtown Salem for 10 women. By the time my group got there, some of the girls were 2 martinis in to the evening.


We ordered some Cosmopolitans and got busy catching up with the rest of the girls. About 15 minutes later I ordered a key lime martini and dinner, a crab filled calzone. We had lots of great conversation and celebration and everyone was looking toasty and ready for the movie.


One of our friends is pregnant so we got to ride in her minivan, it was very generous of her to drive us tipsy girls around. I finished up the evening with a lemon drop and then we were off to the movies. I won't spoil the movie for those who haven't seen it but the acting was great, there were several opportunities to tear up, and of course, the fashions and shoes were amazing! I thought Charlolette stole the show and I was dissappointed by how much Smith had aged, I was really looking forward to seeing Smith again and he didn't quite live up to how I remembered him. If you are unfamilair with the TV series I think the movie would still be understandable and fun to watch but just be aware the the title is descriptive and you will get an eyefull. Let me know if you see it and we can share favorite scenes.

No comments: