Thursday, May 08, 2008

Misconceptions I Likely Perpetuate

First of all: I am not balanced. I try, and I care about being balanced but typically I am either an overworked whirlwind or half asleep on the couch. That's not balanced.

Second: my husband kicks butt. He cooks, cleans, and helps me almost daily with my business. He loads the car for every event we go to, helps at the tribabe booth, and puts everything away in the garage when we get home so I can take a shower and relax. He also does the taxes.

Third: Corvallis is not the perfect place to live. Our house is less than 1400 sq feet and it cost ~$200,000. Since this is a small town in the middle of nowhere Oregon, that's expensive (I do love our house though). We are surrounded by college-aged kids whose parents bought houses for them to attend college and they are frequently obnoxious and loud. This was the case at another place we lived, you can't get away from the students here.

There are a lot of obsessive people here, I think soothing Oregon attracts people who want to commune with nature but aren't always at peace with themselves.

If a relationship goes sour with someone, you will surely run into them frequently and everyone will know your business because this is a small town and everyone talks about everyone's business.

Finally: I am not a good swimmer even though I go to swim class 2-3 times a week. It's partly to due to the bulging disc in my neck and nerve impingment I have but it is also because I can't wrap my brain around proper swim technique and execute it.

Oh, one more thing: my husband is a conservative environmentalist who freaks out if I flush the toilet after just one pee (and all the other freaky enviromental things tree huggers do) but has a hard time buying organic and would have a very hard time voting for a democrat.

I bet there is more, these are just the ones I can think of right now. AHHHH. I feel better!