Saturday, May 10, 2008

I Haven't Had Cheese Curds

We were up at 4:45 am this Saturday to load the car for the Canby sprint triathlon. Canby is south of Portland and this triathlon sells out quickly--it is a nicely run community event. We packed it up a little early today because the wind picked up and was blowing my clothing racks over. Despite that we had enough sales to make it worth the trip so it was a good day.

We had fun watching some of the racers, Bill marveled that one woman brushed out her hair in the transition area after the swim and then off she went on her bike. He is known for his fast transitions so I really do think it was impressed by her patience and tenacity to not have tangled hair for the race.

As soon as we got home I had to start prepping for a dinner, we had invited a new friend over and I had chicken enchiladas on the menu with strawberry rhubarb crisp for dessert. It was pretty freaking good, I feel like I ate an entire chicken and a two crates of strawberries so I know I enjoyed the meal!

I got the rhubarb at the local co-op and while I was there browsing cheeses I saw some hippie-commune looking guys hanging out at the cheese display and one of them said very enthusiastically, "Check it out! Cheese curd!" and his buddy said, "I haven't had cheese curd in SO LONG!"

Whatever they were talking about must have been way over my head because I thought they were getting exciting about cheese curds. I must be missing something!

No comments: