Thursday, April 24, 2008

You Can't Win the Race 2 Days Early

I know I'm not going to win the triathlon on Saturday but today, well, today I was running like I was winning the triathlon on Saturday, only today is Thursday.

Darn it! I was fatigued this week and needed to recover and yesterday I was planning to run for the last time but I forgot my running shoes and my back up plan (Bill bring running shoes) fell through so I ended up doing an easy aqua jog. That just didn't seem good enough for a pre-race run so today I went to the track ran like I was winning that thing. Stupid!

I have no idea what my run pace is right now and it's driving me crazy. I didn't want to pressure myself by doing a bunch of timed miles and somehow that caused me to pressure myself. Not very smart.

Bill's birthday swim was a success, I think there were 7 swimmers there doing 38 x 100 on 1:30 and Bill led the entire workout and you could tell when he was done. He was red! He ran up McCollough Peak on Sunday (11 miles up and down) and he was a bit tired and sore from that. Poor baby!!! I think it's great he did the work out and suffered for it. He should feel his age.

We went out for dinner for his bday at the new pub in town, Block 15. It was quite good! I had a bacon, mozzarella, pesto and tomato sandwich with garlic cheese fries. Super duper pub food which is my favorite! They are brewing some excellent beer on site so it was all the more enjoyable. We picked up dessert to go at the fancy place and went to see the movie "21" which is based on a book I read a few years ago called "Bringing Down the House". Of course, the book was better, you knew that already but the movie is entertaining enough and there isn't a ton of sex or violence and I don't recall anyone throwing up (pet peeve for me to show people vomiting).

Anyhoooo! Someone needs to supervise me until Saturday.