Thursday, April 17, 2008

Triathlon Camp Day 1

Greetings from the middle of nowhere! I'm at triathlon camp in the hills outside of Palmdale, CA at Dan and Monty's compound with the ladies of Slowtwitch. If that doesn't make sense to you, I can't describe it. This area is stunning, high desert, cactus, mountains, and best of all: friends!

Today was a travel day for me, but the ladies (Erin, Cathy, Michelle, Ariel, and Deanna) were ready for a bike ride when I got here so we got a quick one in before Monty cooked dinner. We had dinner on the patio outside as the sun was setting and I have a beautiful photo of the ladies but I forgot the camera cable so no photos until I get home. Sorry! I'll post a link to Cathy's blog, she has photos.

Tomorrow the plan is to hit the pool for a swim meet and likely ride and/or run. The weather is amazing and QRGirl shipped a case of wine here so woo ho!