Sunday, April 06, 2008

Beaver Freezer triathlon 2008

Saturday we were up at 4:30 am to get to our first triathlon of the season. It's nice for me that the 1st tri is here in Corvallis so we can take two cars full of Tribabe stuff. Bill was signed up to race and like last season, he's not in shape. He has won this race 3 times, it's usually pretty competitive for the top spot, but he was hoping for top 3 this year. Like me, Bill is 10 pounds over race weight (I'm more like 20 pounds over) but unlike me, he's still fast. He did the race in just over 1 hour, they expanded the run course this year and had the bike turnaround out a bit farther so the times were slower than previous years. Bill came in 4th overall and won his division. I'm sure that won't be the case for me when I race in two weeks so I'm getting ready for that now. :)

Sales for me were up 25% over last year. I brought some new items including men's polo shirts and some nice fleece tops that I will be adding to my web store. I was hoping for a higher total figure but most of my stuff is an impulse buy so my sales skills have to be sharp to close deals, I'm not there yet. This work is so different than what I do in my daily job and I enjoy the challenge. Today, I'm going to trail run, clean the house and clean up tribabe stuff. Not exciting but a good weekend.