Monday, March 24, 2008

Photos from the Weekend

I've been doing a lot of talking on my blog lately, so here are some photos, worth more than hastily put together sentences I write before bed...

Check out the kitty cat que on the couch. As you can see, I get plenty of room to stretch out my legs and relax at home. The animals never crowd me or need a lot of attention when I get home from work. It's worth it though. Bill and Marshall were out checking the mail a few nights ago and little Cassie was cuddling me on the couch when we heard a noise outside. She started growling a vicious low toned growl which cracked me up, I had never heard he growl before so it was quite comical. Marshall is an awesome protector, he barks loudly at any noise when we're home alone and he even barks at Bill sometimes which makes both of us feel better.

Bill and Marshall were soaked to the bone when they got home from disc golf on Thursday. It was 40 degrees and raining and they were out there for ~2 hours while Bill played in the beer tournament he has going with his buddies. Every Thursday they get together (rain or shine) and winner takes all of the beer. Bill doesn't drink much beer so I couldn't figure out why he stayed out there for the entire game but I guess that's how they play it. He said the dogs weren't even playing in the park, they were all huddled under trees waiting to go home!

On Friday Bill picked me up from work and took me out for dinner. We went to a new restaurant called "101", it was very nice, it had several hi-def TVs with basketball going and they served decent martinis so both Bill and I were happy. The atmosphere is like a lodge/fancy bar. Very adult and nice. What I couldn't figure out was why my hubby was wearing hiking boots and a bright red vest for our date. I think he thought we were headed for Squirrels, the local watering hole where you get a burger, not a fancy place. I said, "Are we going hiking?" and we spent the evening giggling about it. He was actually dressed nice for a guy from Oregon which is why we bought him some new shirts at the Banana Republic outlet store this weekend. As you can see from the photo, he has a great sense of humor and is quite lovable. :)

On our way home from a bike ride on Saturday, we spotted a pack of wild turkeys hanging out on someone's lawn in the country club section of Corvallis. Good thing it's Easter weekend and not Thanksgiving you soft living turkeys! We had to drive up the airport in Portland on Sunday to retrieve Bill's forgotten suitcase so we stopped off at IKEA to pick up some new outdoor furniture for our back deck. The house came with some wood furniture but I've decided to sell it because I don't find it comfortable. It's one of those things that look nice but don't feel nice. I've been scouting outdoor furniture for the past 2 years and finally decided on an indoor chair from IKEA that has a footstool. The chairs will remain inside in the winter since we don't sit on the deck in the winter anyway. I'll post photos once Bill gets them assembled. We also got a lamp and a couple of circle shaped rugs for my tribabe.com office so I just need another heater and I will be set.

I hope you had a nice weekend with family. We were a little lonely and made a hasty dinner late Sunday night but all is well with us and I hope all is well with you too.