Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Achilles

No it's not the garage. I think I'm still feeling the effects of that unintentionally extended trail run we did and I'm having trouble running pain free now. I'll be aqua jogging the rest of this week. Luckily we have a decent dive well at the OSU aquatic center that rarely gets used (it's just a diving board not a tower type thing) anyway we have a place to aqua jog that isn't too troublesome so I don't complain about it.

It was raining like crazy this morning but by the afternoon the sun was out and I came home from work and opened the back door for the cats and dog to migrate as they please, they love that. Marshall and I went on a run in the sun and then I came home and made a strawberry daiquiri and some guacamole. Life is good as the t-shirts say!

There was a good piece on 60 minutes about sleep, I encourage you to watch it if you have some time. They are linking lack of sleep with memory problems, obesity, and pre-diabetes. The most important part for me was finding that you may get smarter if you get a good night's sleep. I could use all the help I can get.

It won't let me embed the video into my blog, you can see the stories on "The Science of Sleep Part 1 and Part 2" at the 60 minutes web site http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60minutes/main3415.shtml