Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Day Before Valentine's Day

Wife: Honey, can you please make a special dinner for me for Valentine's day? (Spelling it out so there's no disappointment)

Husband: Yes. Of course I can do that.

Wife: Something special, like out of a cookbook.

Husband: absolutely.

Wife: Thank you! What should we have for dinner tonight?

Husband: How about corn dogs and salad? I have to cook dinner tomorrow.

Wife: um no. I think we can come up with something better than corn dogs.

Later that evening...

Wife: do you want to go for a trail run before Valentine's dinner?

Husband: not unless you want pizza for dinner, I have to look up a recipe in the cookbook. Do you want pizza? Just kidding (sideways glance).

Wife: no, I don't want pizza. (Spelling it out so there's no disappointment).

What are the odds I'll have corn dogs or pizza for dinner tonight? Just kidding.