Sunday, December 09, 2007

It Snowed Today

I didn't blog Saturday because the entire day sucked, I had to push myself out the door to walk the dog and my stomach complained most of the way, I spent the rest of the day laying on the couch reading "Swimming to Antarctica" by Lynn Cox (love it!). I was determined that Sunday would be better and it was thank goodness. We slept in and got out around 10:30 am to get a Christmas tree. Since this is Christmas tree farm country, we were able to get one for $5 from a local youth group. Out of nowhere, it started snowing so the day became more fun and festive and I was able to keep my energy level up. I thought we need more ornaments so we drove over to Albany (there are literally no stores in Corvallis except Kmart that would sell a box of ornaments) and did a bit of holiday shopping.

Our friends are remodeling their daughter's room so we offered to babysit Samara while they wrapped up their work so our little buddy came over and decorated our tree for us. I told Samara she was pretty cool to be only 4 1/2 years old and decorating such a big tree. We had a blast with her, it was much more fun hanging ornaments with her. We fed her dinner and ice cream (shhh) and we played with the dog until her parent's came to get her, she didn't seem to want to leave and that made it even better for me. I think we're ready for kids. I've been doing a lot of complaining about how I feel so I hope people don't think I'm not excited or grateful to be pregnant, I am, it's just a rough road so far. I actually looked at baby and maternity stuff for the first time today and I am looking forward to a lot of things but I can say for sure that I am not looking forward to maternity pants. Yikes!